Friday, December 20, 2013

Helena Talbot’s blog – How To Put Together A Homeowners Toolkit


If you're a homeowner, you may have realized that you need a toolkit to help you with the maintenance and repairs on your home.  Having a homeowners toolkit will make all those routine maintenance tasks much easier.  Below are three toolkits you could put together.  The one you choose will depend on your particular skill level.  

Basic Skill Level Homeowners Toolkit
• Hammer
• Screwdrivers - a Philips, a flathead and a multi-bit
• Flashlight
• Measuring tape
• Crescent wrench
• Needle-nose pliers
• Level
• Utility knife
• Wire cutters
• Extension cords
• Safety goggles
• Gloves

Intermediate Skill Level Homeowners Toolkit
• All of the above plus the following:
• Caulk gun
• Square-head screwdriver
• Vice grips
• Electrical wire stripping pliers
• Hack saw
• Allen  wrench
• Crowbar
• Putty knife

Advanced Skill Level Homeowners Toolkit
• Everything from the basic and intermediate toolkits plus the following:
• Trowel for drywalling
• Trowel for grouting
• Trowel for cement applications
• Tile cutter
• Sledge hammer
• Metal snips
• Air compressor
• Circular saw
• Drill - either corded, cordless or both
• Table saw
• Chop saw
• Jigsaw

As you're putting together your homeowners toolkit, you'll probably find  it necessary to add various tools from time to time.  Adding new tools will help you  accomplish the tasks for your particular home or hobbies or as your skill level advances.  Additionally, it's always important to practice basic safety habits when working around your home.  

If you're thinking about buying or selling a home, please contact your realtor for a list of available homes in your area and for a complimentary comparative market analysis of your neighborhood.   Your realtor would be happy to help you with all your real estate needs.


I specialize in helping buyers and sellers invest in real estate in Loudoun County and Northern Virginia.

I have over 25 years experience in the real estate industry.  As a Broker/Owner with Exit Realty Talbot and Company, I bring special tools and solutions that enable me to exceed the expectations of my clientele.  If you are considering listing your property in Loudoun County or the nearby areas, ask me about our latest internet marketing systems.  I would appreciate the opportunity to earn your business.  

I am experienced in listing and selling short sales.  For information on the short sale process, please visit  www.LoudounShortSaleSolutions.com.

For a free market analysis on the value of your home, please visit http://www.LoudounHomeValues.com
My past awards and designations include – 2003 President of the Dulles Association of Realtors, 2003 Dulles Area Assoc Realtor of the Year, Salesperson of the year 2000 Dulles Area Assoc of Realtors,  Top Producer awards from both the Dulles Area Association and the Northern Virginia Association of Realtors.  I am a member of the Top 5 in Real Estate Network.

I have lived in Loudoun County since 1979.  I am married with two grown children and two grandchildren.  My son in law is my business partner in real estate.  I love to jog in the mornings and spend time relaxing on my Trawler during the summer months.

Loudoun County and Northern Virginia Real Estate Sales and Solutions – Helena Talbot, Broker. I specialize in helping buyers and sellers invest in real estate in the Northern Virginia area to include Loudoun County and surrounding areas including Fairfax, Clarke, Fauquier, Prince William  Counties.  Our local neighborhoods includeLeesburg, Ashburn, Sterling, Potomac Falls, Brambleton, Broadlands, Lansdowne, River Creek, Belmont Country Club, Beacon Hill, Shenstone, Waterford, Lovettsville, Purcellville, Hamilton, Round Hill and Bluemont.                        Cell 703.727.9885    Office 703.574.3800

Free iPhone/Android Mobile App to search Northern Virginia real estate.  2 easy ways to get the App:  Text “Exit9” to 87778 or enter http://87778.mobi/Exit9 into your browser.

No comments:

Post a Comment