Friday, April 5, 2013

Helena Talbot's blog - Success is a State of Mind


I’m sure you’ve been asked, “do you have to go to work tomorrow?” My answer to this mundane question is, “no, I get to go to work tomorrow!”
I must confess that I’ve never been one of those people that leap out of bed in the mornings. I hit the snooze button way too many times before I’m in the frame of mind to embrace another day. But the minute my feet hit the floor, I start thinking of all the things to be accomplished. Things that I have to do and things that I want to do.
Rarely at the end of the day have I accomplished everything, but I don’t beat myself up over it. Somewhere in my life’s journey I came to the realization that success comes one step at a time. I also discovered that success is a state of mind and that my success depends on my state of mind.
“Successful men and women become successful because they acquire the habit of thinking in terms of success. Get the success habit in the small circumstances you control, and soon you’ll be controlling the bigger ones.” – Napoleon Hill (“Think and Grow Rich”).
As a real estate salesperson, I met each potential client with butterflies in my stomach. A feeling similar to that of performers right before the opening curtains reveal you to your audience or you are announced as the next speaker. I began visualizing meeting clients, working through the sales transaction from beginning to end, and sitting at the closing table in a win-win finale. Success became a state of mind.
But how do we cope if the ending is not a happy ending… not a success?
“All my successes have been built on my failures.” – Benjamin Disraeli.
Nobody likes to fail, and why should you? Focus on getting better and not on the mistakes or failures. Understanding mistakes is important, but your focus and attention should go into getting better. Success orientation (thinking about success) is associated with more success whereas failure orientation (focusing on mistakes) is not. Studies show that people who believe in repair feel much better and are able to attend to negative feelings much less than people who do not.
Also, studies show that keeping your eye on the long-term goal constantly can distract you from your performance because it creates such distance from your goal. Instead, focus on the short-term sub-goals, especially after “failure.” Remember, success is one step at a time.
“A winner is one who accepts his failures and mistakes, picks up the pieces, and continues striving to reach his goals.” – Dexter Yager.
To be truly successful, you must become conscious of your thoughts and recognize the power of your mind to create your success.
Rather than reacting to an endless barrage of random thoughts, begin to quiet your mind and focus on the thoughts that instill in you a sense of positivity and vision for success. Do this often and I guarantee you will be amazed with the results.
Anything you can conceive and believe, you can achieve!
What recent success can you attribute to your belief in yourself? A vision of your success? A state of mind?
I specialize in helping buyers and sellers invest in real estate in Loudoun County and Northern Virginia. 

I have over 25 years experience in the real estate industry.  As a Broker/Owner with Exit Realty Talbot and Company, I bring special tools and solutions that enable me to exceed the expectations of my clientele.  If you are considering listing your property in Loudoun County or the nearby areas, ask me about our latest internet marketing systems.  I would appreciate the opportunity to earn your business.  I am experienced in listing and selling short sales.  For information on the short sale process, please visit  www.LoudounShortSaleSolutions.com.

For a free market analysis on the value of your home, please visit http://www.LoudounHomeValues.com
My past awards and designations include – 2003 President of the Dulles Association of Realtors, 2003 Dulles Area Assoc Realtor of the Year, Salesperson of the year 2000 Dulles Area Assoc of Realtors,  Top Producer awards from both the Dulles Area Association and the Northern Virginia Association of Realtors.  I am a member of the Top 5 in Real Estate Network.

I have lived in Loudoun County since 1979.  I am married with two grown children and two grandchildren.  My son in law is my business partner in real estate.  I love to jog in the mornings and spend time relaxing on my Trawler during the summer months.

Loudoun County and Northern Virginia Real Estate Sales and Solutions – Helena Talbot, Broker. I specialize in helping buyers and sellers invest in real estate in the Northern Virginia area to include Loudoun County and surrounding areas including Fairfax, Clarke, Fauquier, Prince William  Counties.  Our local neighborhoods include Leesburg, Ashburn, Sterling, Potomac Falls, Brambleton, Broadlands, Lansdowne, River Creek, Belmont Country Club, Beacon Hill, Shenstone, Waterford, Lovettsville, Purcellville, Hamilton, Round Hill and Bluemont.                        Cell 703.727.9885    Office 703.574.3800

Free iPhone/Android Mobile App to search Northern Virginia real estate.  2 easy ways to get the App:  Text “Exit9” to 87778 or enter http://87778.mobi/Exit9 into your browser.

No comments:

Post a Comment