Monday, May 2, 2011

One of the most important things I believe we can do to live on the "cutting edge" rather than just on "the edge" is to do a little bit of daily planning. I have discovered that there is nothing more valuable than keeping a written list of what needs to be done on a daily or weekly basis. Each week I start a new 8 ½ x 11 inch sheet of paper in my notebook. Across the top of it, from left to right, I make a column for each of the first three days of the week: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. In the middle of the page I write Thursday, Friday, Saturday/Sunday. My page is divided into six areas - three on the top half of the page and three on the bottom half. I then list items that need to be dealt with throughout the week. This method helps to keep me from feeling so overwhelmed - especially when I have a lot going on that needs my attention. Having those things spread out and easily visible on my sheet of paper for the entire week gives me a greater sense of peace that I will be able to accomplish all that needs to be done.
--courtesy Robert Rohm

No comments:

Post a Comment